What pathology tests will be ordered for Jane, AND why are these important?
Choose any “one company” (say, Barnes and Nobles) or “one industry” (say, Music Industry) or any one aspect of global finance (say, foreign exchange management) or a new business model (say, Bitcoin). The paper should be based on current research articles as well as other reading materials. The paper should be well written and proper end notes and bibliography are required. As a general guideline, the paper should be approximately TWENTY pages long, typed (1.5 spacing Font size 11 and excluding references and appendices). You should choose a very specific topic and do in depth research in that topic. Analytical and Quantitative/ Computer analysis will be amply rewarded in the course. Some suggested topics are below. But please choose a topic of your own. The “first” criteria for grading the final project is the originality of the topic.
1. Impact of Internet on any individual participant in supply chain
2. Impact of Internet on global ginancial management strategies of a particular industry
3. Impact of Internet on global portfolio management strategies of a particular company or institution.
4. Impact of Internet on any electronic market
5. Taxability of assets in electronic markets
6. E-Credit markets
7. E-Debt / bond markets
8. Impact of the Internet on a specific industry: say Airlines or, Book-sellers, or Music, or Auctions, etc.
9. Global strategies to combat E-frauds
10. Effect of web on Auction Markets: Implications for global pricing issues
11. Effect of web in derivative trading strategies: Program trading, Portfolio Insurance:
12. Internet and world currency; bit coins
13. Effect of Internet in a particular company. [American Airlines, Apple, Block Buster, to Virtual Zoos]
Please discuss the following:
• The normal anatomical and physiological changes that occur in pregnancy at the gestation of the case
• The pathophysiology of the obstetric/neonatal condition relating to this case and where relevant distinguish between any other possible diagnosis that may be made
• The usual management, both medical and nursing, of the condition recommended by the literature including journal articles, textbooks, hospital policies
• Provide a critique of recent TWO research studies outlining current practice in relation to the management of such cases
• Discuss any relevant assessments, examinations, investigations and other procedures that would usually be undertaken for this case scenario.
• Make use of relevant, professional reference material throughout the assignment to provide evidence in support of your discussion on the topic of choice. NB: non-credible web references will not be accepted as appropriate, professional resources
• Present your work in the usual written assessment format as outlined in the marking guide.
Please: Complete the additional requirements for the case study of your choice.
a) Maternity Case Study
Jane is a 36 year old primipara, now 13 weeks pregnant. She is married to Tom and is working at as a kindergarten teacher in her local area. Tom is an IT manager for a large company in the city and is required to travel frequently across Australia and Internationally. She has been referred by her GP to the nearby Maternity Hospital for her maternity care.
1) Describe the choices she has in relation to her maternity care. Jane chooses shared care – what does this mean and how does it differ to routine maternity care.
2) Outline the information that the ‘booking in’ midwife will obtain regarding Janes history – medical, obstetric, family and psychosocial and provide a discussion regarding why this knowledge is important.
3) What pathology tests will be ordered for Jane, AND why are these important?
4) The midwife will perform a baseline assessment of Jane and her pregnancy – describe what
these are, and how often they will be performed throughout the antenatal period, identifying how these might change over the weeks of her pregnancy.
5) At 32 weeks Jane experiences regular contractions. Using the previous instructions, identify the condition and describe the management of Jane at this time.
6) Identify the common outcomes related to this case scenario.