For your post, please respond to the following questions: (worth up to 6 points)
- The following is a quote from the YouTube video on the Happiness Advantage. â€œIt is not the reality that shapes us, but the lenses through which your brain views the world that shapes your reality. If we change the lenses, you change your happiness.â€ What does this quote mean to you â€“ and do you agree?
- Do you believe that your external world predicts your level of happiness? Why or why not?
- What is your own personal formula for happiness and success? Do you follow your own formula?
- Another quote from the video: â€œIf happiness is on the opposite side of success, your brain never gets there. As a society we have pushed happiness over the cognitive horizon.â€ Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What connections do you personally see between the “happiness advantage” and your “values?”
For your response to at least one of your peers, please consider the following prompt: (worth up to 4 points)
- Career & major exploration – and the job search – can be intimidating and overwhelming. Considering the connection between happiness and success, please share your thoughts on maintaining a positive attitude during this process. Please make connections between your recommendations and their initial post.