Welcome to the final exam. Respond to the following short essay questions using researched material from outside the course.
- Please address the following as they pertain to Intellectual Property:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP) and how does counterfeit merchandise impact the U.S. economy?
- What safety and health concerns are posed by counterfeit products?
- How does IP theft pose an existential threat to national security? (Note…these three sub-questions help to form 1 essay response for Q1. Do not answer as three subquestions)
- How have the SMART Port Security, the SAFE Port Act, the Small Vessel Security Strategy, and the Marine Transportation Security Act impacted port security? This is a classic compare and contrast essay…address it as such.
- Compare the similarities and differences of the external borders of New Europe with that of the U.S./Mexico border. Which of these (similarities/differences) have had the most positive or negative impact on border security?
- Your answers should be 2 pages each per question (the Reference pages for exam question will not be counted.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Use scholarly or other relevant sources.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- Based on the assigned readings, your responses are to be in your own words with minimal quotes.