From the perspective of a professional who has knowledge and expertise in child development, you have been invited to address an audience that includes parents as well as other professionals on a specific issue. Select one topic under early childhood, middle childhood, or adolescence as the focus of your paper and written presentation. Your textbook introduces various issues linked to biology and the environment, health, education, and cultural influences. Start exploring the material in the text that is relevant to your selected issue and then expand your research to include current secondary literature.
Your assignment is divided into two parts:
Develop a 5–7-page paper on the selected topic supporting ideas with current research from the scholarly literature that fully explores the topic. The paper will provide the basis for you to explain the impact of the issue facing the child in the scenario you selected from the Scenarios media piece. The paper should have APA structure, formatting, and referencing.
Prepare a 2-page presentation for the intended audience based on the research you conducted on the topic. Write out the presentation on two double-spaced pages. This does not need APA in-text referencing, but you can refer to important scholarly sources that support your ideas. Remember to consider the level of understanding the audience may have on the topic so that you avoid jargon or provide clarification. This presentation needs to have objective support, but, as a presentation, it can be in more informal first-person language.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Use the accepted form and style of the psychological professions, employing grammar, punctuation, and mechanics expected of graduate-level composition and expression.
- References: Include a minimum of six academic, peer-reviewed resources. The course text can be used, but it is not considered one of the peer-reviewed articles.
- APA style and formatting: Format the references and in-text citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Use the MEAL Plan document (given in the resources) to organize the content and include APA headings and subheadings.
- Length of paper: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Length of presentation paper: Two typed, double-spaced pages. Note: Your submission for this assignment should be a total of 7–9 pages that includes both Part 1 and Part 2.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide additional feedback on your writing.
- Responding to Important Child Development Issues Scoring Guide.
- Scenarios | Transcript.
- PSY7220 Research Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- MEAL Plan.
- Writing Feedback Tool.